- How do I obtain or review the flood map for my area, and how do I read it?
- How do I find out in which "flood hazard area" or "flood zone" my home is located?
- If I disagree with my lender's determination that I am in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), what can I do?
- New maps (preliminary or effective) show my home now to be located in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA); how does this affect my property and me?
- Where can I learn more about purchasing flood insurance?
For more information, please review FAQs for Homeowners.
Engineers, Surveyors, and Architects
- How do I determine a Base Flood Elevation (BFE) for an approximate Zone A area?
- Where can I obtain the backup or supporting data for a Flood Insurance Study (FIS)?
- What are the FEMA requirements for removing a structure from the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA)?
- When should I request a revision to a Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM)?
- When should a conditional map revision be requested?
For more information, please review FAQs for Engineers, Surveyors, and Architects.
Insurers and Lenders
- What does community participation in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) mean, and how does that affect a homeowner?
- What does a property owner need to do for FEMA to remove the flood insurance requirement?
- What elevation is used when rating a structure for a flood insurance policy?
- How do I determine if a community is participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)?
- What can be done when a lender and insurer have differing flood zone determinations?
For more information, please review FAQs for Insurance Professionals and Lenders.
- By signing the Community Acknowledgement Form (MT-1 Form), to what am I attesting? What is the difference between Sections A and B?
- Where can I obtain a copy of the Federal Regulations and the advisory Technical Bulletins?
- What are the community's responsibilities in the Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR)/Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) process?
- What are the community's responsibilities during the development, distribution, and approval of new Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs)?
- How do I obtain a list of all the map actions that have occurred in my community?
For more information, please review FAQs for Floodplain Managers.