- Federal Register Notices Available for Download
- Current Fee Schedule for Map Change Requests
- Fee Exemptions for Map Change Requests
- Current Fee Schedule for Requests for Flood Insurance Study Backup Data
- Fee Exemptions for Requests for Flood Insurance Study Backup Data
- For More Information
This page outlines the current fee schedule for processing certain types of requests for changes to National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) maps. This page also outlines the fee schedule for requests for Flood Insurance Study (FIS) backup (i.e., technical and administrative support) data.
The current fee schedule will allow the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to further reduce the expenses to the NFIP by more fully recovering the costs associated with processing conditional and final map change requests. The fee schedule for map changes is effective for all requests dated January 13, 2010, or later.
Current requirements are summarized below and available for download. The review and processing fees effective for 2010 include those associated with single-lot/single-structure Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA), Conditional Letter of Map Amendment (CLOMA), Conditional Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (CLOMR-F), Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F) requests, certain types of Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR), and Letter of Map Revision (LOMR)/Physical Map Revision (PMR) requests.
The FEMA Map Service Center (MSC) distributes a variety of NFIP map and insurance products to a broad range of customers, including Federal, State, and local government officials; real estate professionals; insurance providers; appraisers; builders; land developers; design engineers; surveyors; lenders; homeowners; and other private citizens. For information on fees associated with digital copies of NFIP maps and other map and insurance products, interested parties should visit the FEMA MSC Website.
Federal Register Notices Available for Download
On December 14, 2009, FEMA published a Notice in the Federal Register announcing the revised fee schedule.
To view or download the December 14, 2009, Federal Register notice, a list of the acronyms, and any other useful FEMA, NFIP, and Risk Mapping, Assessment, and Planning (Risk MAP) resources are located in the FEMA Library.
Current Fee Schedule for Map Change Requests
The current fee schedule for conditional and final map change requests is provided below.
|Requests for Single-Lot, Single-Structure Map Change|
|Single-Lot or Single-Structure LOMA|
|Single-Lot/Single-Structure CLOMA and CLOMR-F|
|Single-Lot/Single-Structure LOMR-F Based on As-Built Information (CLOMR-F previously issued by FEMA)|
|Requests for Multiple-Lot,/Multiple-Structure Map Changes|
|Multiple-Lot/Multiple-Structure CLOMR-F and LOMR-F|
|Multiple-Lot/Multiple-Structure LOMR-F Based on As-Built Information (CLOMR-F previously issued by FEMA)|
|Requests for Map Changes Requiring Special Technical Review|
|CLOMR Based on New Hydrology, Bridge, Culvert, Channel, or Combination Thereof|
|CLOMR Based on Levee, Berm, or Other Structural Measures|
|LOMR/PMR Based on Bridge, Culvert, Channel, or Combination Thereof|
|LOMR/PMR Based on Levee, Berm, or Other Structural Measures|
|LOMR Based on As-Built Information (CLOMR previously issued by FEMA)|
|LOMR/PMR Based Solely on Submission of More Detailed Data|
|LOMR/CLOMR Based on Structural Measures on Alluvial Fans|
Initial fee plus $60 per hour. Requester will be invoiced for remaining balance
Payment must be received before services will be rendered. Checks, money orders, and credit cards are accepted. Checks and money orders must be made payable, in U.S. funds, to the National Flood Insurance Program.
Fee Exemptions for Map Change Requests
In accordance with Section 72.5 of the NFIP regulations, review and processing fees are not required for the following types of map change requests:
- Map changes based on mapping or study analysis errors;
- Map changes based on the effects of natural changes within the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA);
- Requests for LOMAs;
- Federally sponsored flood-control projects where 50 percent or more of the project's costs are federally funded;
- Map changes based on detailed hydrologic and hydraulic studies conducted by Federal, State, or local agencies to replace approximate studies conducted by FEMA and shown on the effective Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM); and
- Map changes based on flood hazard information meant to improve upon that shown on the flood map or within the flood study. NOTE: Improvements to flood maps or studies that partially or wholly incorporate manmade modifications within the SFHA will not be exempt from fees.
Current Fee Schedule for Requests for Flood Insurance Study Backup Data
The current fee schedule for requests for Flood Insurance Study (FIS) backup (i.e., technical and administrative support) data is provided below.
|Requests for Flood Insurance Backup Data||Fee|
|1. Portable Document Format (PDF) or Diskettes of hydrologic and hydraulic backup data for current or historical FISs||$150 initial fee. Final fee due is calculated as a sum of standard per-product charge plus a per-case surcharge of $93, designed to recover the cost of library maintenance and archiving.|
|2. PDF or Mylar copies of topographic mapping developed during FIS process||$150 initial fee. Final fee due is calculated as a sum of standard per-product charge plus a per-case surcharge of $93, designed to recover the cost of library maintenance and archiving.|
|3. PDF of survey notes developed during FIS process||$150 initial fee. Final fee due is calculated as a sum of standard per-product charge plus a per-case surcharge of $93, designed to recover the cost of library maintenance and archiving.|
|4. PDF of individual Letters of Map Change (LOMCs)||$40 for first letter; $10 for each additional letter in the same request.|
|5. PDF of preliminary map panels||$35 for first panel; $2 for each additional panel in the same request.|
|6. Computer tapes or CD-ROMs of Digital Line Graph files, DFIRM files, or Digital LOMR attachment files||$150 per county or Digital LOMR attachment shape file.|
|7. Computer diskettes and user manuals for FEMA computer programs||$25 per copy|
As shown in the table above, for Categories 1, 2, and 3, an initial fee of $150 is required to initiate the request, and full payment of the total fee is required before the requested data will be provided. For Categories 4 through 7, requesters will be notified by telephone about the availability of, and the fees associated with, the requested data. As with Categories 1, 2, and 3, no data will be provided until the appropriate fee payment has been received.
Checks, money orders, and credit cards are accepted. Checks and money orders must be made payable, in U.S. funds, to the National Flood Insurance Program.
Fee Exemptions for Requests for Flood Insurance Study Backup Data
The following are exempt from paying fees for FIS backup data:
- Private architectural-engineering firms under contract to FEMA to perform or evaluate studies and restudies;
- Federal agencies involved in performing studies and restudies for FEMA (i.e., U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Geological Survey, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Tennessee Valley Authority);
- Communities that have supplied the Digital Line Graph base or other digital community GIS data to FEMA and request the Digital Line Graph data or DFIRM files (Category 6);
- Communities that request data during the statutory 90-day appeal period for an initial or revised FIS for that community;
- Mapped participating communities that request data at any time other than during the statutory 90-day appeal period, provided the data are for use by the community and not a third-party user; and
- State NFIP Coordinators, provided that the data that they request are for use by the State NFIP Coordinators and not for use by a third-party user.
For More Information
For more information or additional assistance: