Many changes have been made to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the national flood mapping program over the past few years. FEMA, its Direct Servicing Agent, the Write Your Own (WYO) program participating insurance companies and the insurance agent community are committed to working together to ensure policyholders have the most up-to-date information about the changes and impacts of the new law.
Upcoming Changes to the NFIP- For More Information:
- Flood Insurance for Businesses: Impacts of Recent Legislation
- Flood Insurance Premium Refunds: Who Gets Them? Who Does Not?
The interactive maps below show NFIP policyholder data:
- NFIP Policyholders: Total Number of Subsidized Policies by State and Community (as of 7/31/2013)
- NFIP Policies, % Subsidized, by Congressional District and ZIP Code
(zoom levels optimized for large rural districts; 7/31/2013 data)
- NFIP Policies, % Subsidized, by Congressional District and ZIP Code-Urban
(zoom levels optimized for small, densely clustered urban districts; 7/31/2013 data)
- Total NFIP Policies by 113th Congressional Districts (7/31/2013 data)
- NFIP Flood Insurance Policy Concentrations (by Square Kilometer)