Build Opportunity: 20 Years of Education, Empowerment, Experience
- Thursday, April 26
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- FEMA, 500 C Street, SW, Washington
- Portals III Bldg., Washington
- 1201 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, 1st floor lobby
FEMA Shuttle is available to transport employees. Identification is required. Parents must escort their children to the Exhibits, set-up work stations to demonstrate their occupations with the children, pay for a ride on the Carousel, and provide lunch for your child.
500 C Street, SW, Washington– Exhibits/Activities - Volunteers will be available to direct you to these activities.
Participating Directorates and Organizations activities involved preparing for, protecting against, responding to and recovery.
- Security Division- Media Room -Lobby -Identifications/fingerprinting - 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Health Center- Room 714-H for weight and measurements - 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 - 3:30 p.m.
- National Mall Walk to the Carousel 0 12:30-1 p.m. - Nurse, Susan Petit leaves at 12:30 p.m.- Lobby
- Urban Search and Rescue Room 618-B, Green Room 1 6th Floor-end of the hallway
- Administrator Briefing- Greets, meets and challenges Parents and Youths to the Preparedness Quiz- 500 C Street, SW, Washington, Main Lobby-Please arrive on time –photographer will attend;
Portals III Building, Outside/Inside Exhibits/Demonstrations, 1201 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, location is inside the rear lobby – first floor Party Room
- Mount Weather Police Department, Exhibit-Round Hill, Va., all ages are allowed to attend. A Canine Dog Exhibit will be conducted outside in the Circle at 1201 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington.
- United Way Shoe Box –Emergency Preparedness Volunteer Project – Parents design Shoe Box with youths and pack boxes with emergency items; this is a hand’s on project.
- U.S. Fire Administration Exhibit in Emmitsburg, Md., all ages are invited to attend the Emergency Preparedness
- Ready.gov will provide a preparedness video for disasters
- Logistics Management Directorate – Video;
- FEMA Office of Disability, Integration Coordination, Inclusive Preparedness -Demonstration for youths – interpreters available;
DHS Accessible Systems and Technology – Lion King Video;
- American Red Cross – health and wellness programs for youths;
- OCCHCO, Workforce Relations Program Talents- “True Colors” personality challenge to identify who you get along with at school, work and home environment;
OCCHCO, Recruitment Programs: Writing resumes, Career development, Interviews, etc;
Diversity – Spanish Reading Elementary School – Evelyn Aquino-Matos;
Storytelling – The Unknown Soldier, Jeopardy -Myron Wand;
- Readiness for Pets Exhibit – Human Society;
- Points of Light, Generation on Emergency Preparedness;
- Adventures Dental – Tooth Fairy
- Individual Community Preparedness Division – Training Youths in Certified Citizen Corps
No restrictions: parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews, etc, are welcome to participate. This is open to children ages 8-18. Children's lunch hours are at the expense of the caretaker for this event. No food will be served.