Thirty Minute "Stand Down" on Friday, June 15, for Employee Viewpoint Survey
The closing date for completion of the EVS is June 20. In order to increase FEMA’s response rate, on Friday, June 15, FEMA Chief of Staff is asking all employees to participate in a 30 minute "stand down" to provide everyone an opportunity to complete the 2012 EVS. The "stand down" will occur from 10 am to 10:30 am local time in all FEMA offices.
All full- or part-time permanent employees should have received an email from [firstname.lastname@example.org] (Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey-HS) with a personal link to take the survey. If you haven’t seen this email, you can easily find it in your Outlook by either using the search function (top right corner) and searching for email@example.com, sorting by sender for Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey-HS, or sorting by subject for Your Feedback is Key. Click the link, and start the survey!
FEMA Mission Support Customer Guide
This is a reminder that the MSB Customer Guidebook, can be found online at: http://on.fema.net/components/msb/Documents/FEMA-MissionSupportCustomerG....
The Guide is also on the MSB Intranet Home Page, and will be added to the Management Resources and Employee Resources web pages.
Recent updates to Employee News Online include the following highlights:
- National Level Exercise 2012 – FEMA HQ Office of External Affairs participated in the National Level Exercise 2012.
- FEMA Mission Support Customer Guide – Explains services, and provides points of contact and guidance.
- New Publication: Emergency Preparedness for Federal Employees in the National Capital Region – New publication by the FEMA Office of National Capital Region Coordination.
- St. Louis Mayor Press Secretary Attends Center for Domestic Preparedness Training – Kara Bowlin attended the Advanced Public Information Officer for Health and Hospital Emergencies Course in May.
- Israel Defense Force Home Front Command Meets with National Security Professional Emergency Management Fellows – On May 30, participants met with Lt. Col. Ira "Chezy" Deutsch.
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer – FEMA Directive #126-9 – Transportation Allowances is now available.
- FEMA LawTalk podcasts are now available on the internet – The fourth podcast, Overview of the Stafford Act is available now.
- Get Ready; Application period opens
Training and Career Development Opportunities:
- FEMA Leader Development Program Announces New Programs and Intranet Site
- 2012-2013 Career Builder Express – This program is designed to provide interested employees with a flexible and innovative learning experience.
- FEMA Internal Rotation Program – The Career Development Office has posted the following six internal rotation announcements.
- Executive Development Opportunities – The Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer, Career Development and Training Branch is accepting nominations for the following Executive Development opportunities.
- Human Resources for Supervisors and Managers Course – Now accepting applications.
- Read these stories and more on the employee site.
- Supporting Legislative Efforts to Recognize the Sovereignty of Tribal Governments When Emergencies or Disasters Strike
- What We’re Watching: 6/8/12
- Update on the FEMA Reservist Program
In The News:
- FEMA Supports Legislative Change to Allow Tribal Governments to Directly Apply for Federal Disaster Aid, Jun 12
- FEMA Authorizes Funds to Help Fight Colorado’s Hyde Park Fire, Jun 11
Markell Johnson - It is with sadness that we share the passing of Markell Johnson. Markell reported to FEMA OCIO 10 years ago as a contractor working at the FEMA HQ Helpdesk. Read more.
Michael (Mike) Morton - On Monday, May 28, Michael (Mike) Morton, a proud member of FEMA’s National Preparedness Directorate passed away at the age of 54. Read More.
Kenneth Rensick - It is with sadness that we share the passing of Kenneth Rensick past this weekend. Ken was a valued and long-time member of Region I. Read More.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington, D.C. and will replace the FEMA Weekly.You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly@fema.dhs.gov for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. NOTE TO CONTRIBUTORS: The employee news site will provide the same news categories you became familiar with in the FEMA Weekly – News (Featured Articles), Announcements, and Around FEMA (Employee Collaboration). The news site will be updated daily. You can access the employee news site 24/7, from your work or home computer. Please refer to the updated submission guidelines.