FEMA provides state and local governments with preparedness program funding in the form of Non-Disaster Grants to enhance the capacity of state and local emergency responders to prevent, respond to, and recover from a weapons of mass destruction terrorism incident involving chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive devices and cyber-attacks.
Authorized Equipment List (AEL)
The AEL is a tool used to determine allowability of equipment types for FEMA’s Preparedness Grant Programs. The AEL is used to facilitate more effective and efficient procurement of items under specific FEMA Preparedness Grants by informing grantees of equipment items allowed under specific grant programs and relevant programmatic considerations associated with each equipment item. The AEL consists of 21 equipment categories, which are then divided into sub-categories, and then individual equipment items.
Access Authorized Equipment List (AEL) file.
FY 2015 Preparedness Grants | Notice of Funding Opportunity
FY 2014 Preparedness Grants | Funding Opportunity Announcement
- FY 2014 HSGP: FY 2014 HSGP Funding Opportunity Announcement
- FY 2014 IPR: FY 2014 IPR Funding Opportunity Announcement
- FY 2014 NSGP: FY 2014 NSGP Funding Opportunity Announcement
- FY 2014 PSGP: FY 2014 PSGP Funding Opportunity Announcement
- FY 2014 TSGP: FY 2014 TSGP Funding Opportunity Announcement
- FY 2014 THSGP: FY 2014 THSGP Funding Opportunity Announcement
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFG)
Please note: The FY 2015 Assistance to Firefighter Grants (AFG) are awarded on a rolling cycle, with all funds awarded prior to September 30, 2016.