Engineers, surveyors and architects (those employed by private firms and those employed by federal, state and local agencies) are actively involved in the development of the new and updated flood hazard information presented on National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) flood hazard maps and related products. This page outlines products, services and publications available to engineers, surveyors and architects.
- Online Letter of Map Change (LOMC)
- Community Preliminary Flood Hazard Data
- FEMA Engineering Library
- LOMC Clearinghouse
- How to View and Obtain Flood Maps
- Products, Services and Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- For More Information
Online Letter of Map Change (LOMC)
Online Letters of Map Change (LOMC) is an internet-based tool that allows applicants to easily request any type of LOMC. It is a convenient way for applicants to upload all information and supporting documentation and check the status of their application online. Users can submit flood map Amendment or Revision requests and pay any associated fees through this tool instead of filing the MT-EZ, MT-1 or MT-2 paper forms submitted through the mail.
Community Preliminary Flood Hazard Data
FEMA has launched a new way to view your community’s preliminary flood hazard data: over the web and in one convenient location! Preliminary flood hazard data provide an early look at your home or community’s risk to flood hazards. There are many benefits to viewing your community’s data before it becomes effective. For more information, visit the Preliminary Flood Hazard Data webpage.
FEMA Engineering Library
To obtain archival, technical and administrative support data, please visit the Engineering Library.
FEMA’s LOMC Clearinghouse centralizes the administrative functions associated with processing MT-EZ, MT-1 and MT-2 requests. Specific activities include creation of LOMC case files, upload and scanning of data, processing of associated fees and distribution to the appropriate location for processing.
When submitting paper applications, requestors should mail their applications and supporting data to:LOMC Clearinghouse847 South Pickett Street,Alexandria, VA 22304-4605Attn: LOMC Manager
For more information about the LOMC Clearinghouse, please contact the FEMA Map Information eXchange.
How to View and Obtain Flood Maps
You may view and download the effective maps and other NFIP products through the FEMA Flood Map Service Center. Your local Community Map Repository, usually located in the planning and zoning office, also has copies of flood maps. Please contact the FEMA Map Information eXchange, toll free at 1-877-FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627) or email a Map Specialist at FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com to determine the location of your Community Map Repository.
Products, Services and Publications
Need to Produce a New Map?
- A suite of engineering and mapping tools including forms for producing flood maps is available when you register to use the FEMA Mapping Information Platform under the Tools & Links page. These tools will assist in meeting the current FEMA guidelines and specifications for flood maps.
Changing a Map?
- Submit a request through Online LOMC. View and download the required FEMA FEMA forms including application form packages for conditional and final Letters of Map Amendment, Letters of Map Revision Based on Fill and Letters of Map Revision.
- If you have submitted a request through Online LOMC, you can check status at any time by logging in and viewing your account. You can also view recent priority map changes and check the Status of Map Change Requests.
Looking for a Letter of Map Amendment (eLOMA)?
Elevation Certificate Questions?
- You can view and download the Elevation Certificate.
Ordering Technical and Administrative Support Data?
- You can order support data by mail or facsimile.
- Locate and download software approved for use by FEMA to support the NFIP, including associated documentation and guidance.
What's New in Flood Hazard Mapping?
- Keep up with the latest developments and find out What's New in Flood Hazard Mapping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Frequently Asked Questions for Engineers, Surveyors and Architects.
For More Information
For flood insurance related questions, contact FloodSmart at 1-888-379-9531. For flood mapping-related questions, please contact a Map Specialist at the FEMA Map Information eXchange through the following methods:
- Call (1-877) FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627) Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 6:30 pm (EST)
- Email FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com
- Chat with a Map Specialist Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (EST)
Engineers, surveyors, and architects may also subscribe to receive updates on FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping activities via e-mail.