By the FEMA Office of Policy and Program Analysis, Strategic Planning and Analysis Division
The Strategic Foresight Initiative team is scheduling a Webinar/Conference Call on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 1 – 2 p.m. EST to discuss and explore the strategic needs classified as “Dynamic Partnerships”:
- Empower individuals, neighborhoods and communities to play a greater role throughout all phases of disasters.
- Proactively engage business in all emergency management phases and solicit its contribution to policy development in light of the critical nature of private sector capabilities.
- Intensify disaster response collaboration and planning with Canada and Mexico, recognizing scope for both national and local actions.
- Foster increased collaboration to ensure appropriate use of the military to provide specialized capabilities or to augment capacity in complex, overwhelming disaster incidents.
Jacqueline Yannacci, community resilience program manager at the American Red Cross National Headquarters will present on the Community Resilience Strategy, highlighting the organization’s work with developing dynamic partnerships.
Daniel Hahn, Santa Rosa County plans chief will introduce the Escarosa Business Continuity Initiative that is focusing on developing active partnerships within the Escambia and Santa Rosa County business community in Florida for enhancing disaster resiliency and continuity.
As part of the conference call, the SFI team will provide a brief overview of the strategic needs highlighted above and invite participants to share anecdotal information about how their programs/initiatives are meeting these needs, along with any challenges and solutions identified when implementing actions to meet the strategic needs.
To access the Webinar, please follow the following guidelines:
- To access the training, please go to: FEMA.connectsolutions.com
- Please test the software on your computer before the training date at: Demo.connectsolutions.com. You do not need any special adobe connect software, but you will need to make sure you have flash and ActiveX installed on your computer. You should be prompted to install ActiveX as soon as you pull up the adobe connect site. The installation process should only take a few minutes.
- When you are on the Adobe Connect homepage, please select "Sign in as Guest" and enter your first and last name.
- We will be using a conference call to communicate with participants during the webinar. Please call: 1-800-320-4330 and enter PIN 857311. Please note that your phone must be muted during the webinar.
- You can post questions to the presenters using the chat functionality of Adobe Connect. We will moderate the Q&A portion of the webinar by calling on particular participants to elaborate on their questions/ideas posted under the chat window.