2012 Administrator Awards Ceremony
The 2012 Administrator Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday, Dec. 6, beginning at 2:30 p.m. The ceremony will be held in the Columbia Ballroom at 500 C Street, SW, Washington, D.C. The ceremony will recognize individual and team achievements in the Exemplary Emergency Manager, Outstanding Survivor Service, or Innovation categories.
All National Capitol Region FEMA employees are encouraged to attend, in person. For headquarters employees unable to attend in person, the ceremony will be aired on FEMA’s internal Channel 6.
The ceremony will also be made available via Video Stream:
- Employees outside the Washington, DC metro area but inside the FEMA firewall:on.fema.net (Link not available until the day of the event)
- Employees outside the Washington, DC metro area but outside the FEMA firewall:FEMA.gov/LiveVideo (Link not available until the day of the event)
The ceremony will also be viewable via VTC. People wishing to view in VTC-enabled conference rooms should contact their local IT site support personnel.
We will post a video of the complete event on on.fema.net Monday, Dec. 10, so everyone will have an opportunity to watch the ceremony in its entirety.
From the field
Emergency Declaration Helps Pennsylvania Lean Forward in Advance of Hurricane Sandy - FEMA tasks a specialized U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Emergency Power Planning and Response Team to install generators in locations such as medical facilities, emergency operation centers and emergency shelters.
Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly@fema.dhs.gov.
Deployment Tools and Resources
- How To Prepare a Travel Voucher – For the Individual Traveler
- FEMA Travel Toolbox - The Travel Toolbox is intended to support FEMA travelers (FEMA Intranet)
- Travel Voucher Checklist - Reference Guide for Travelers and Approvers (FEMA Intranet)
- Deployment Guidance – ADD Check-In/Check-Out Procedures
- Time and Attendance Guidance for Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Lessons Learned Resources Available at LLIS.gov
- Reservist Program Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) Health Care Coverage - Frequently Asked Questions
- Flu Shot Locations - FEMA Occupational Safety, Health and Medical Readiness Division.
Employee News and Announcements
- Leadership update: Elizabeth Harman resigned as Assistant Administrator of the Grant Programs Directorate effective Nov. 26.
- FEMA Region I: Assistance to Firefighters Grant brings new fire tank to New Hampshire.
- FEMA Helps New Barrow Stadium Retain Spirit Of Original Ballpark - Residents of New Orleans’ Pontchartrain Park neighborhood gathered at the local ballpark on November 16th to celebrate the grand opening of the new Barrow Stadium.
- NEW! 2013 highlights, changes for Thrift Savings Plan’s contribution, IRS limits.
- Deadline Saturday December 1! 2012 Annual Leave "Use-or-Lose" Notice
- 2012 Annual Open Season Election (Benefits)
Training and Career Development Opportunities
- NEW! The President’s Management Council Interagency Rotation Program
- DHS Career Pathways Programs Seeking Mentors - The deadline for registering is Dec. 7.
- EXTENSION! Executive Potential Program - USDA Graduate School.
- Department of Defense Senior Service Schools - Masters Degree programs.
- Human Resources for Managers and Supervisors - meet developmental obligations.
- Internal Rotation Opportunities
- Telling the Recovery Story with Crayons and Construction Paper
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted.