From the field
New Jersey Mayor Learns About – And From - FEMA - “The situation is quite unique,” said Bishop. “I’ve had a lot of federal workers stay on vacation but never while they’re working. They’re a wonderful group of people. It’s given me a chance to see FEMA from a different perspective – how they work and what they are faced with.” – Randy Bishop, Neptune Township Mayor
- FEMA Corps Members Help Drive New Jersey Recovery Effort
- FEMA Community Relations Specialists Support Hurricane Sandy-Impacted Pennsylvania Residents
- Region VI support of the Texas National Processing Service Center (NPSC) after Hurricane Sandy
- DHS Family Coming Together to Support FEMA Mission (Surge Capacity Force)
- Special Solicitation for Charitable Donations for Superstorm Sandy
Thank you for all of your continued hard work and dedication in responding to Hurricane Sandy! Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly@fema.dhs.gov.
Deployment Tools and Resources
- NEW! How To Prepare a Travel Voucher – For the Individual Traveler
- FEMA Travel Toolbox - The Travel Toolbox is intended to support FEMA travelers.
- Travel Voucher Checklist - Reference Guide for Travelers and Approvers.
- Deployment Guidance – ADD Check-In/Check-Out Procedures.
- Time and Attendance Guidance for Hurricane Sandy.
- Hurricane Sandy Lessons Learned Resources Available at LLIS.gov
- Frequently Asked Questions - Reservist Program Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) Health Care Coverage
For daily updates and more information on our response to Hurricane Sandy, log on to the FEMA Intranet Homepage or go to the Employee News & Announcements page, the FEMA blog, and the new Hurricane Sandy page.
- Region IX Regional Administrator Nancy Ward Lauded by International Association of Emergency Managers
- FEMA Future Leaders ‘Jazzed’ about Louisiana Recovery
- National Response Coordination Center: It Takes A Whole Community for Response
- FEMA Hosts International Search and Rescue Workshop
- 2012 Annual Open Season Election (Benefits)
- Federal Benefits Open Season Videos
- Federal Benefits Open Season Informational WebcastsVolunteer & Donate Responsibly
- Flu shot locations - FEMA Occupational Safety, Health and Medical Readiness Division
- “Ask the Secretary” question and answer session
- The FEMA Recreation Association will sponsor its annual Holiday Bazaar on Friday, December 14th and Tuesday, December 18, 2012, at the Holiday Inn Capitol - Discovery Ballrooms, 500 C Street S.W. Washington, DC. If you are interested in being a vendor, or know of someone who would like to sell their goods/services at this event, please contact Jane Crenshaw at (202) 646-3143 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. Vendor table space is limited. Disclaimer: The FEMA Recreation Association is a chartered non-profit association created to provide recreational benefits to FEMA employees.
Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Internal Rotation Opportunities - five internal rotation announcements.
- NEW! DHS Career Pathways Programs Seeking Mentors - The deadline for registering is December 7.
- Executive Potential Program - USDA Graduate School.
- Department of Defense Senior Service Schools - Masters Degree programs.
- Human Resources for Managers and Supervisors - meet developmental obligations.
- Corps Teams with Volunteer Agencies to Help Bring Stability to New Jersey November 16, 2012
- Federal Support to New York for the Response to Hurricane Sandy November 15, 2012
- Hurricane Sandy Survivors: Be Aware of Scam Artists November 14, 2012
- Make Sure All Your Friends and Neighbors Contact FEMA for Assistance November 13, 2012
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted.