Did you know?
The FEMA 1-1-1 program has been modified and the issuing of an IronKey device to all FEMA employees is no longer mandatory? The 1-1-1 program is now comprised of a laptop, BB/iPhone and RSA Token. Continue reading
Deadline approaching: Take the time to fill out an application for one of the following programs before August 10, and take a step on the path to a broader career here at FEMA.
- National Advisory Council Quarterly Meeting - The National Advisory Council, comprised of members from state, tribal and local governments, private sector, and non-governmental partners, recently met with FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate to advise and provide recommendations on all aspects of emergency management.
- Mississippi Recovery Office Welcomes National Civilian Community Corps – FEMA Corps - The Mississippi Recovery Office is proud to be one of two locations providing support for the newly developed NCCC-FEMA Corps program.
- Colorado Hospital Association Benefits from CDP Training, Better Prepared - The Healthcare Leadership for Mass Casualty Incidents course at FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness provides healthcare professionals necessary knowledge to generate appropriate decisions following a disaster or mass casualty event.
- Reaction Time - On June 29, at 6:30 a.m., Bryan Toman, Incident Support Base “Blue” Team Manager received a phone call – he and his team were being activated to Charleston, West Virginia in the wake of a storm that caused extensive damage to power lines and equipment.
- City of St. Charles, Ill., successfully completes FEMA Course - During the week of July 9, more than 60 emergency response personnel and community members from the City of St. Charles, Ill., joined together for a four-day exercise-based training course at the Emergency Management Institute, Emmitsburg, Md.
- Message from the Incident Workforce Management Office, Response Directorate
Many thanks to the over 250 FEMA Subject Matter Experts and support personnel who sequestered last week in Glynco, Ga. for the Reservist Program application review panels. Over 13,000 Reservist Applications were evaluated for qualification and hiring recommendations to the Selection Panel. The final hiring process will continue next week and into August.
- 22nd Anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - July 26, 2012 marks the 22nd anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- IronKey Recovery Program - The FEMA 1-1-1 program has been modified and the issuing of an IronKey device to all FEMA employees is no longer mandatory.
Training and Career Development Opportunities
- New! External Rotation Program - For the third year in a row FEMA is announcing the opportunity for a limited number of FEMA personnel to work on an extended detail with a state, county or city emergency management organization.
- FEMA Internal Rotation Program – July 26 - The Internal Rotation Program has updated announcements for interested employees.
- Human Resources for Managers and Supervisors - The Career Development and Training Branch is sponsoring four more HR for Supervisors and Managers courses for the remainder of the year.
- Executive Development Opportunities - The Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer, Career Development and Training Branch is still accepting applications for the Capitol Hill Fellowship Program and LEGIS Fellowship Program.
- Upcoming course! EEO for Managers and Supervisors - This course is designed to provide managers and supervisors with a basic understanding of EEO laws and regulations as well as their responsibilities with respect to EEO, affirmative employment and managing diversity.
- Update: Due to email migration issues and the number of people who have been unable to submit their applications, we are issuing one final extension. All applications for FEMA Leader Development Programs are now due on August 3rd. For more information, please visit the FEMA Leader Development Program.
Read these stories and more on the Employee News Online news site.
- Celebrating Inclusive Emergency Preparedness
- Tropical Storm Debby in Florida: 30 Days After
- National Advisory Council Quarterly Meeting
- Disaster Legal Advice Offered to Tropical Storm Debby Survivors – Jul 25
- Last Chance to Visit Disaster Recovery Centers in Baker and Nassau Counties – Jul 25
- FEMA Announces Development of Youth Preparedness Council – Jul 24
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington, D.C. and will replace the FEMA Weekly.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly@fema.dhs.gov for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted.
NOTE TO CONTRIBUTORS: The employee news site will provide the same news categories you became familiar with in the FEMA Weekly – News (Featured Articles), Announcements, and Around FEMA (Employee Collaboration). The news site will be updated daily. You can access the employee news site 24/7, from your work or home computer. Please refer to the updated submission guidelines.