- Contains all changes to the Stafford Act since 2007, including the Sandy Recovery Improvement Act.
- Optimized for portable tablet devices.
- When you're in the Table of Contents, you can click on the statute name or number and you'll jump to the statutory text.
- When you're on one of the pages with the statutory text, you have two navigation options (in addition to simply scrolling as usual).
- If you click on the words "Stafford Act" at the top, you'll return to the Table of Contents page.
- If you click on the Title # at the top, you'll be returned to the start of that Title in the document (i.e., if you're in Section 408, click "Title IV" and you'll jump back to Section 401).
This booklet replaces FEMA P-592 dated 2007.
Editorial from the Deputy Administrator: "There were many nights I went home proud of the men and women of Boston EMS, but I was never more proud of them and the residents of my town, than I was last week." - FEMA's Deputy Administrator, Rich Serino, offers his perspective on the community-wide effort to respond to last week's tragic bombings at the Boston Marathon. Medical response to Marathon bombings was a community-wide effort – The Boston Globe.
FEMA Administrator’s Intent (FY 2015-2019). On Tuesday, April 9, 2013, the FEMA Administrator’s Intent (FY 2015-2019) was released. This strategic document is intended to inform program planning, budget development, and the identification of performance outcomes.
From the Field
New Yorkers honored as White House Hurricane Sandy “Champions of Change” - Washington, D.C., April 24, 2013
This White House Champions of Change event honored people and organizations directly involved in response and recovery efforts following Hurricane Sandy.
FEMA employees donate blood to New York blood unit - Queens, N.Y., Joint Field Office resulted in 35 units of fresh blood that could save up to one hundred lives.
Employee News and Announcements
- Environmental Stewardship and the Mobile Workforce - message from Tonya Schreiber, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Workplace Transformation Initiative.
Take advantage of these upcoming workplace transformation events! May 1, 2013 – IT Enablers Training Sessions AND Workforce Transformation Brown Bag Discussion - How to create an effective outcome-based performance plan. Link to poster.
Apply for the 2013 Individual and Community Preparedness Awards today - The ICP Awards application period is open through June 5. All submissions must feature achievements taking place between January 1, 2012 and June 5, 2013.
KUDOS! Donate Responsibly Video Wins Webby. A video produced for the "donate responsibly" campaign has won a Webby Award from the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences.
FedTraveler.com Guidance announces new guidelines - document search usability enhancement.
Region VI Individual Assistance staffers remember Red River Tornado Outbreak - A disaster that happened 34 years ago this month serves as a common thread between Don Bagget and Juan Gil.
Los Angeles Siblings Train Together, Prepare - The sister and brother duo recently left their West Coast palms for Northeast Alabama pines.
2013 Building Safety Month: Code Officials Keep You Safe - Building Safety Month is a public awareness campaign held each year in May. Founded by the International Code Council, 2013 marks the 33rd annual BSM.
Integrating Hazard Mitigation into Local Planning - Case Studies and Tools for Community Officials.
New Mitigation Planning Handbook Available for Community Officials - FEMA is building on its guidance and best practices for integrating hazard mitigation into other local planning processes.
FEMA Blog Stories and Photos
What We’re Watching: 4/12/13 – Author: Dan Watson
NEW OPPORTUNITIES! FEMA Rotation opportunities - FEMA Internal Rotation Program is a professional development program designed to engage and strengthen the FEMA workforce.
DHS Rotational Opportunities
DHS Rotational Opportunities - The DHS Homeland Security Rotation Program (HSRP), sponsored by the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer, Enterprise Learning and Development has been established to allow employees to cultivate leadership qualities, while fulfilling critical mission assignments.
Training and Career Development Opportunities
Performance Management – Recordkeeping - All 2012 performance appraisals and 2013 performance management reports for Title V employees are due to Human Capital by May 15, 2013. If you have not recently provided your direct report’s 2012 performance appraisal documents or 2013 performance plan status, then please contact your program office’s Performance Management Point of Contact.
Have you completed your FEMA Individual Development Plan this year? - What are individual development plans and what’s the benefit of completing one?
- NEW OPPORTUNITY! U.S. Army War College, Senior Leader Seminar HS Developmental Opportunity - DHS has been invited to send a representative to the winter “US Army’s Senior Leader Seminar”.
- NEW! Course: L337 - Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS)
- FEMA Headquarters will host first Speed Mentoring event - The FEMA Leader Development Program will host its first Speed Mentoring event for Headquarters on Thursday, April 25, 9-11 a.m.
- Leadership Essentials – New Dates in Regions and Headquarters added so that the 9/30/13 deadline can be met!
- Intelligence Community Developmental Programs - The DHS Intelligence Enterprise Professional Development Team is pleased to inform the workforce about three courses sponsored and delivered by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, through its Intelligence Learning Network.
- The Office of Personnel Management is sponsoring two free 1-day leadership training seminars for National Security Professionals and Senior Executive Service members.
- Writing Individual Performance Goals and Employee Relations Workshops in the National Capital Region - The Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer is offering joint workshops on Writing Individual Performance Goals and Employee Relations at headquarters
- All-Hazards Position Specific Train-the-Trainer Program - The primary goal of the National Incident Management System Incident Command System All-Hazards Position Specific Training Program is to provide additional training that may be needed by personnel responsible for managing incidents of greater complexity than those typically encountered during routine operations.
- E910 – Integrated Emergency Management Course, Earthquake: Preparedness and Response Course Dates: July 22-25 -The E910 IEMC, Earthquake: Preparedness and Response, addresses preparedness and response in emergency situations based on an earthquake. The participants in the "generic" audience represent various communities from throughout the country.
Deployment Tools and Resources
- NEW! TSA Travel Tips Tuesday – Can You Fly Without an ID?
- How To Prepare a Travel Voucher – For the Individual Traveler
- FEMA Travel Toolbox - The Travel Toolbox is intended to support FEMA travelers (FEMA Intranet)
- Travel Voucher Checklist - Reference Guide for Travelers and Approvers (FEMA Intranet)
- Deployment Guidance – ADD Check-In/Check-Out Procedures
- Time and Attendance Guidance for Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Lessons Learned Resources Available at LLIS.gov
- Reservist Program Federal Employees Health Benefits Program Health Care Coverage - Frequently Asked Questions
Prevent Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Help FEMA Prevent Fraud, Waste and Abuse. If you have information about instances of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement involving FEMA programs or operations, you should contact the DHS OIG Hotline at: 1-800-323-8603; by fax at 202-254-4297.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are aware of a FEMA employee that is not receiving these All Hands Messages, please have them contact the Enterprise Service Desk at 1-888-457-3362, or email Enterprise-Service-Desk and request to be added to the All Hands distribution lists. You must be a FEMA employee to be added to this list.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly by COB Tuesday.