- NEW! Celebrate Earth Day! April 22, 2013. Together, the FEMA Workplace Transformation program and the Sustainability, Energy, Environmental, and Asset Management (SEE&AM) organization have collaborated to challenge all FEMA Employees to Pledge to Participate in Earth Day and be engaged as environmental stewards. You are also encouraged to review the FEMA Sustainability site and learn more about the FEMA programs and how you can participate.
- NCR EMPLOYEES: While the Workplace Transformation working group has been tasked with developing a mobile and highly collaborative workforce and consolidating the agency’s leased space within the National Capital Region, the team is committed to helping employees balance life and work at work. Recognizing that some employees walk, run or bike to work and that others are detailed to the NRCC for long hours during emergencies and exercises, the Workplace Transformation executive steering committee is considering the installation of showers at Federal Center Plaza, 500 C St SW, as an employee convenience. Please take 2 minutes to anonymously answer a few questions about how you might utilize showers at work: [SURVEY] DEADLINE: April 19, 2013.
- Brown Bag lunch focuses on IT as an enabling force for mobile work - message from Tonya Schreiber, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Workplace Transformation Initiative.
From the Field
- FEMA Corps Position Specific Training - FEMA Corps Position Specific Training began at the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, N.M.
- New England JFO Welcomes FEMA Corps - twelve FEMA Corps member deployed to the Rhode Island JFO.
- JFO Hosts Presentation on New England Tribes - The Warwick, R.I., Joint Field Office recently hosted a presentation on the “The History and Culture of the New England Tribes”.
- FEMA reservist wins Pulitzer Prize - FEMA reservist Dave Hasemyer, deployed to Hurricane Sandy New York, was awarded a Pulitzer Prize, American journalism’s highest award.
Employee News and Announcements
- Update Notice: Transit Subsidy Cap Adjustment
- NEW! Wireless has arrived at 500 C St.
- Practicing Earth Day Lessons Every Day - At FEMA, we try to make every day Earth Day.
- Multi-Discipline training provides professional skill at all levels - The Technical Emergency Response Training course is the foundation training class at the Center for Domestic Preparedness.
- FEMA IPAWS/ODIC Roundtable Event Explores Emerging Alerting Technologies for Americans with Access and Functional Needs
- National Volunteer Week -April 21-27, 2013 - To locate volunteer opportunities in your community, visit www.serve.gov.
- Upcoming Workplace Transformation Events! May 1, 2013 – IT Enablers Training Sessions AND May 1, 2013 - Workforce Transformation Brown Bag Discussion
- Recruitment of Equal Employment Opportunity Counselors – Memo from Pauline C. Campbell, Director, Office of Equal Rights
- IT ENABLER! Enterprise Conference Bridge Upgrade - OCIO is pleased to announce the installation of the new Audio Conference.
FEMA Blog Stories and Photos
What We’re Watching: 4/12/13 – Author: Dan Watson
NEW OPPORTUNITIES! FEMA Rotation opportunities - FEMA Internal Rotation Program is a professional development program designed to engage and strengthen the FEMA workforce.
DHS Rotational Opportunities
DHS Rotational Opportunities - The DHS Homeland Security Rotation Program (HSRP), sponsored by the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer, Enterprise Learning and Development has been established to allow employees to cultivate leadership qualities, while fulfilling critical mission assignments.
Training and Career Development Opportunities
Performance Management – Recordkeeping - All 2012 performance appraisals and 2013 performance management reports for Title V employees are due to Human Capital by May 15, 2013. If you have not recently provided your direct report’s 2012 performance appraisal documents or 2013 performance plan status, then please contact your program office’s Performance Management Point of Contact.
Have you completed your FEMA Individual Development Plan this year? - What are individual development plans and what’s the benefit of completing one?
- NEW OPPORTUNITY! U.S. Army War College, Senior Leader Seminar HS Developmental Opportunity - DHS has been invited to send a representative to the winter “US Army’s Senior Leader Seminar”.
- NEW! Course: L337 - Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS)
- FEMA Headquarters will host first Speed Mentoring event - The FEMA Leader Development Program will host its first Speed Mentoring event for Headquarters on Thursday, April 25, 9-11 a.m.
- Leadership Essentials – New Dates in Regions and Headquarters added so that the 9/30/13 deadline can be met!
- Intelligence Community Developmental Programs - The DHS Intelligence Enterprise Professional Development Team is pleased to inform the workforce about three courses sponsored and delivered by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, through its Intelligence Learning Network.
- The Office of Personnel Management is sponsoring two free 1-day leadership training seminars for National Security Professionals and Senior Executive Service members.
- Writing Individual Performance Goals and Employee Relations Workshops in the National Capital Region - The Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer is offering joint workshops on Writing Individual Performance Goals and Employee Relations at headquarters
- All-Hazards Position Specific Train-the-Trainer Program - The primary goal of the National Incident Management System Incident Command System All-Hazards Position Specific Training Program is to provide additional training that may be needed by personnel responsible for managing incidents of greater complexity than those typically encountered during routine operations.
- E910 – Integrated Emergency Management Course, Earthquake: Preparedness and Response Course Dates: July 22-25 -The E910 IEMC, Earthquake: Preparedness and Response, addresses preparedness and response in emergency situations based on an earthquake. The participants in the "generic" audience represent various communities from throughout the country.
Deployment Tools and Resources
- NEW! TSA Travel Tips Tuesday – Can You Fly Without an ID?
- How To Prepare a Travel Voucher – For the Individual Traveler
- FEMA Travel Toolbox - The Travel Toolbox is intended to support FEMA travelers (FEMA Intranet)
- Travel Voucher Checklist - Reference Guide for Travelers and Approvers (FEMA Intranet)
- Deployment Guidance – ADD Check-In/Check-Out Procedures
- Time and Attendance Guidance for Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Lessons Learned Resources Available at LLIS.gov
- Reservist Program Federal Employees Health Benefits Program Health Care Coverage - Frequently Asked Questions
Prevent Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Help FEMA Prevent Fraud, Waste and Abuse. If you have information about instances of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement involving FEMA programs or operations, you should contact the DHS OIG Hotline at: 1-800-323-8603; by fax at 202-254-4297.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are aware of a FEMA employee that is not receiving these All Hands Messages, please have them contact the Enterprise Service Desk at 1-888-457-3362, or email Enterprise-Service-Desk and request to be added to the All Hands distribution lists. You must be a FEMA employee to be added to this list.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly by COB Tuesday.