Due to FEMA’s operational posture in response to Hurricane Sandy, the Administrator’s Awards Ceremony, previously scheduled for Thursday, November 8, 2012, is postponed until further notice. An announcement will be made with the new date for the ceremony in the upcoming weeks.
Thank you for all of your continued hard work and dedication in responding to Hurricane Sandy!
Employee Articles highlights
- Logistics rolls out new technology tools for FEMA reservists.
- Great East Coast Earthquake - Virginia elementary school celebrates rebirth.
- Region VI’s Hazards and Performance Analysis branch provides training
Employee Announcements highlights
Hurricane Sandy News - A new website has been created.
Multi-State Hurricane Disaster Mission “SANDY” - TRAVEL PAL (Preparedness Action List)
FEMA Kicks Off Combined Federal Campaign for Calendar Year 2012.
- Solicitation for Headquarters Employee Advocates - FEMA Headquarters has begun the process of “Workplace Optimization.
- Secretary’s Corner - “Ask the Secretary” question and answer session.
- Voting - FEMA encourages all employees to exercise their rights and responsibilities as citizens to vote on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012.
Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Internal Rotation Opportunities - The FEMA Internal Rotation Program is a professional development program designed to engage and strengthen the FEMA workforce. The Career Development and Training Office has posted five internal rotation announcements.
Nominations are being accepted for the following:
- Executive Potential Program - The Executive Potential Program is hosted by the USDA Graduate School and is designed to enhance participant’s leadership effectiveness.
- DHS Fellows Program - The DHS Fellows Program is for GS-14 to GS-15 employees and is hosted by the Partnership for Public Service.
- Department of Defense Senior Service Schools - The Department of Defense enables employees to obtain their masters’ degree in a number of academic fields. The programs are 10 to 11 months in-residence opportunities.
- Human Resources for Managers and Supervisors - The FEMA Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer, Career Development and Training Branch is providing additional Human Resources for Supervisors and Managers classes to ensure agency supervisors and managers hired or promoted prior to Fiscal Year 2012 meet their developmental obligations and have a quality learning experience.
President Obama in New Jersey: "We Are Here for You" October 31, 2012
Sandy update 4: Staying safe & how to help October 30, 2012
Sandy update 3: follow the direction of local officials October 28, 2012
Seeing teamwork before Hurricane Sandy October 28, 2012
Federal Aid Programs for State of New Jersey Disaster Recovery October 30, 2012
President Obama Signs Virginia Emergency Declaration October 30, 2012
President Declares Major Disaster for New Jersey October 30, 2012
Federal Aid Programs for State of New York Disaster Recovery October 30, 2012
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted.