One of the best ways for the agency to improve our operations and better engage the workforce is to hear directly from you, our employees. The 2012 Employee Viewpoint Survey (EVS) was launched by the Chief Component Human Capital Officer on April 30, 2012, and eligible employees were invited to participate through a link that employees received by individual email. Thus far, FEMA’s participation as of June 5th was 47%, and I think we can do much better.
The closing date for completion of the EVS is June 20, 2012. In order to increase FEMA’s response rate, on Friday, June 15, I’m asking that all employees participate in a 30 minute “stand down” to provide everyone an opportunity to complete the 2012 EVS.
The “stand down” will occur from 10:00 am to 10:30 am local time in all FEMA offices.
This “stand down” period will provide sufficient time for you to submit your valuable feedback. For those employees who are on a compressed work schedule and are off this Friday, I encourage you to complete the survey on Thursday, June 14, 2012.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is utilizing the EVS to survey permanent Federal employees; however, we at FEMA are also making efforts this year to include our Stafford Act employees in the survey process. For the first time, CORE and Reservist employees will be eligible to participate in a version of the survey that will be launched in August 2012. CORE and Reservist employees should look out for a survey link that will be delivered to you in a few months. This new August survey is another step we are taking to ensure that voices and feedback are heard from the total FEMA workforce.
Below are some key points and information about how you can access the survey.
- How do I access my survey? All full- or part-time permanent employees should have received an email from [firstname.lastname@example.org] (Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey-HS) with a personal link to take the survey. If you haven’t seen this email, you can easily find it in your Outlook by either using the search function (top right corner) and searching for email@example.com, sorting by sender for Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey-HS, or sorting by subject for Your Feedback is Key. Click the link, and start the survey!
- What if I didn’t receive an email with my link? You can call OPM’s FEVS Help Desk (toll free) at 1-855-OPM-FEVS (1-855-676-3387) or send an e-mail to EVS@opm.gov. The Help Desk will send you your survey link.
- Why I should take the survey? This is your opportunity to drive change and to express your thoughts and opinions regarding your job, agency, and the workforce as a whole. All responses are confidential.
- What happens with the survey information? FEMA leadership and management will use the feedback received to address areas of challenge and leverage areas of strength in FEMA that are identified through the survey. For example, previous survey data has been the driver to open up the weekly Senior Leadership VTCs to all of FEMA to provide transparency into issues and decision making processes.
- Who can take the survey? Full or part time permanent employees, as of October 31, 2011, can take the survey, (this includes Schedule C employees).
- When should I take the survey? Friday, June 15th from 10:00 am – 10:30 am has been set aside as “stand down” time for all employees to take the survey. However, the final survey deadline is June 20th.
- How long does the survey take? No more than 25 minutes – probably even less.
Thank you for taking the time to participate in the survey! Please contact Vanessa Graf at Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or challenges gaining access to take the survey.