The FEMA Internal Rotation Program is a professional development program designed to engage and strengthen the FEMA workforce. The Internal Rotation Program has updated announcements for interested employees.
The Career Development and Training Office has posted the following five internal rotation announcements:
NEW Mission Support Bureau, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
PFT / Statistician, GS-13
- Professional knowledge and application of the disciplines of mathematics, statistics, business, finance, and economics related to Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) Information Collection activities.
- Assists Program Offices in data collection activities as it relates to Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA). Establishes and maintains liaison with program directors and works closely with their representatives to ensure that concerns such as proper requirements definitions and adequate funding are met.
- Ensures that PRA documentation is complete, comprehensive, and in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Analyzes problems and issues involving the development of new and revised directives and develops solutions.
- Consults with all levels of management within FEMA and DHS, other federal agencies, federally sponsored and private organizations and contractors.
Mission Support Bureau, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
PFT / Management Analyst, GS-12
- Reviews incoming requests and provides frequent, concise, and professional communication with requesters.
- Ensures FOIA search tasks are appropriately assigned to program offices.
- Independently conducts research, identifies legal issues, and analyzes the basis for the correct exemption(s) for disclosure determinations.
- Prepares, reviews, and edits correspondence, free of spelling and grammatical errors, consistent with established FOIA policies and procedures in preparation for signature.
- Reviews and conducts quality assurance on documents submitted by program offices for release or withholding to ensure appropriateness of deletions.
Closes: July 25, 2012
Mission Support Bureau, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, Records Management Directorate
PFT / Supervisory Program Manager, GS-14
- Responsible for managing, directing, and supervising a staff of highly skilled FOIA analysts and management program analysts.
- Acts as the agency senior expert for Freedom of Information Act issues and liaison interfacing with all levels of management in FEMA and senior management in DHS.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of standards and procedures related to FOIA not covered by precedent. Renders judgments and conveys decisions regarding interpretations of policy.
- Consults and coordinates with FEMA components and other agencies on unprecedented procedural problems to ensure consistent FOIA processing government wide.
Closes: July 31, 2012
Mission Support Bureau, Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer
PFT / Instructional Designer – Leader Development, GS-12/13/14
The selectee for this Rotational Opportunity will work across the agency and with other DHS components on designing and implementing leader development activities, courses and programs. The individual will design activities and course materials based upon the FEMA Leader Competency Model, and the DHS Competency Model; develop processes for administering several assessments and for assisting with the development of individual learning plans for program participants.
Closes: July 19, 2012
Office of Policy and Program Analysis (OPPA)
PFT/ Program Analyst, GS-11-14
FEMA and the entire emergency management community are called to be our best during times of national crisis; and the past three decades presented challenges and conditions that necessitate continuous reevaluation of how we deliver emergency management services. To address those challenges, FEMA’s senior leadership uses a performance-based management process called FEMASTAT. This process involves a series of frequent, integrated meetings during which principal members of the FEMA leadership team use current data to analyze performance and identify solutions for ongoing problems. FEMASTAT is managed by the Office of Policy and Program Analysis (OPPA), which is seeking several people for three-six month rotational assignments to the FEMASTAT team.
Closes: December 31, 2012
Full descriptions of each of the rotation assignments are available on the intranet. Employees interested in applying for these rotations, should click on the link, “Apply for a Rotation Position” located on the upper right-hand side of the Detail & Rotation Opportunities page.
DHS Rotational Opportunities:
Visit DHS rotational opportunities website for other opportunities at http://dhsconnect.dhs.gov/org/comp/mgmt/dhshr/emp/Pages/RotationalAssignments.aspx.
Employees should review the announcement very carefully for specific instructions on eligibility and how to apply.
Questions Regarding the Rotation Opportunities