This course is designed to provide managers and supervisors with a basic understanding of EEO laws and regulations as well as their responsibilities with respect to EEO, affirmative employment and managing diversity.
After the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of EEO law and theories of discrimination;
- Understand the 1614 regulations and federal sector EEO process;
- Recognize ways to avoid decision-making which will lead to the filing of a discrimination complaint;
- Get a better understanding of the benefits of ADR;
- Become aware of their obligations under the Rehabilitation Act;
- Describe management’s responsibilities with respect to affirmative employment and managing diversity
Aug. 22-23, 2012
500 C Street, SW 6th Floor Red Room
Notes: Contact Person on Site Doug Goudy (202) 646-4291
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This program is intended for FEMA permanent, full-time managers and supervisors. CORE and temporary full-time employees are welcome on a space available basis.
The program is particularly beneficial for, but not limited to, employees in the following positions:
- Telecommunication Specialist
- Program Specialist
- Disaster Assistance
- Disaster Operations
- HR Personnel
- Contract Specialist
- IT Specialist
- Financial Management Specialist
- Logistics Management Specialist
There is no cost for the training; however, the sending organization is responsible for any and all travel costs associated with this training.
- Interested employees must complete and submit a FEMA Form 119-25-1 to Course Manager, Kenya McCoykenya.firstname.lastname@example.org by email.
- Regional applications must be submitted through the Regional Training Manager.
- Incorrect or incomplete forms will be returned.
- Enrollment is limited.
- Applicants with special needs should contact the Course Managers to arrange/discuss specific requirements.
Kenya S. McCoy