Figure 1.2-1 Flowchart: Relationship of Document Chapters and Appendices (Text Version)
- Read Chapters 1 and 2 for an overview of nonstructural earthquake damage.
- Decide if you need to protect nonstructural components.
- If you need to protect nonstructural components
- for an existing building, read Chapter 3 for survey techniques. If the building is a complex facility, utilize the checklists and inventory forms in Appendices C, D, and E, and read Chapter 4. If the facility is not complex, skip this step.
- for a new building, read Chapter 5 regarding a program for new buildings.
- After reading Chapters 4 or 5, read illustrated examples and installation notes in Chapter 6.
- In order to aid with implementation of protection of nonstructural components, use the specification and the responsibility matrices provided in Appendices A and B.
04/17/2013 - 11:25