Main Content

Do I Qualify for Other Needs Assistance?

Main Content

This page contains information about the eligibility qualifications for other disaster-related expenses and serious needs.

To receive Other Needs Assistance, all the following must be true:

  • You have losses in an area that has been declared a disaster area by the President.

  • You have filed for insurance benefits and the damage to your property is not covered by your insurance or your insurance settlement is insufficient to meet your losses.

  • You or someone who lives with you is a citizen of the United States, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien.

  • You have necessary expenses or serious needs because of the disaster.

  • You have accepted assistance from all other sources for which you are eligible, such as insurance proceeds or Small Business Administration disaster loans.

Last Updated: 
09/09/2015 - 13:45
Back to Top