Do I Qualify for "Other Than Housing Needs" Assistance?

Main Content

This page contains information on the eligibility qualifications for "Other than Housing Needs" Disaster Assistance.

To receive money for "Other than Housing Needs" that are the result of a disaster, all the following must be true:

  • You have losses in an area that has been declared a disaster area by the President.

  • You have filed for insurance benefits and the damage to your property is not covered by your insurance or your insurance settlement is insufficient to meet your losses.

  • You or someone who lives with you is a citizen of the United States, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien.

  • You have necessary expenses or serious needs because of the disaster.

  • You have accepted assistance from all other sources for which you are eligible, such as insurance proceeds or Small Business Administration disaster loans.

Last Updated: 
04/21/2015 - 16:13
Back to Top