Do I Qualify for Assistance?

Main Content

First, your losses must have occurred in an area covered by a disaster declaration.

Second, you need to apply to FEMA in one of three ways:

*Please note that if you have insurance, you must also file a claim with your insurance company.

FEMA's Individuals and Households Program has two provisions of assistance for "Housing Needs" and "Other than Housing Needs," which are available to individuals and families whose property has been damaged or destroyed as a result of a federally-declared disaster, and whose losses are not covered by insurance.

Last Updated: 
07/24/2014 - 16:00
Back to Top