Resources for Survivors
- Sign up to receive New Jersey recovery information by email
- Identifying rumors and combatting misinformation
- Filing your flood insurance claim
- NFIP Helpline and Information
- Video: Preliminary Work Maps of Flood Zones in New Jersey
- Hazard mitigation resources for Sandy survivors
Visit FEMA.gov/sandy for an overview of full Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts.
For a video timeline of response efforts in New Jersey, click here.
For news releases in Spanish, please visit comunicado de prensa.
Eatontown, N.J. – The Federal Emergency Management Agency recently obligated $28,358,886.60 in additional grant funding for the repair of the Hurricane Sandy-damaged seawall in Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach, bringing the total FEMA funding obligated for the project to date to $31,344,834.00That amount represents 90 percent of the total project cost of $34,827,594.00. The State of New Jersey will fund the remaining 10 percent.
Total Federal AssistanceFederal agencies have provided $6.8 billion in total funding to applicants in New JerseyFEMA Individual Assistance
EATONTOWN, NJ. -- In the three years since Hurricane Sandy scored a direct hit on New Jersey, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has been actively engaged in the recovery effort, providing $6.8 billion to date to help the state recover and rebuild.This money has helped to restore critical facilities, clear debris, replace boardwalks along the Jersey Shore, rebuild public infrastructure, and reimburse municipalities throughout the state for the enormous costs of clearing debris and restoring public safety in the immediate aftermath of the storm.
Individual Assistance - Dollars ApprovedIndividual Assistance Definitions
Individuals & Household Program (IHP): Provides money and services to people in Presidentially declared disaster areas.
Housing Assistance (HA): Provides assistance for disaster-related housing needs.
Other Needs Assistance (ONA): Provides assistance for other disaster-related needs, such as furnishings, transportation, and medical.
|Total Individual Assistance (IA) - Applications Approved:||Total Individual & Households Program - Dollars Approved*||Total Housing Assistance - Dollars Approved*||Total Other Needs Assistance - Dollars Approved*|
Public Assistance - Dollars ApprovedPublic Assistance Definitions
Public Assistance (PA): Disaster grant assistance available for communities to quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Emergency Work (Categories A-B): Work that must be performed to reduce or eliminate an immediate threat to life, protect public health and safety, and to protect improved property that is significantly threatened due to disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Permanent Work (Categories C-G): Work that is required to restore a damaged facility, through repair or restoration, to its pre-disaster design, function, and capacity in accordance with applicable codes and standards
*Dollars Approved: Assistance dollars approved but not necessarily disbursed.
*Dollars Obligated: Funds made available to the State via electronic transfer following FEMA's final review and approval of Public Assistance projects.
|Total Public Assistance Grants - Dollars Obligated*||Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated*||Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated*|
Preliminary Damage Assessment Report
PDA Report; FEMA-4086-DR