Portsmouth, Mass. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said today it would reimburse the Massachusetts Highway Department for snow removal costs from the record snowstorm of last December. The funds were made available through FEMA's Public Assistance program and administered by the Commonwealth.
Portsmouth, Mass. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said today it would reimburse the Massachusetts Port Authority for costs incurred as a direct result of the record snowstorm that struck the Commonwealth in early December. The $750,000 Public Assistance grant reimburses the Massachusetts Port Authority for snow removal costs incurred at eight locations in Middlesex and Suffolk counties. The federal payment represents 75 percent of eligible costs. The remaining 25 percent represents the non-federal share.
Portsmouth, N.H. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said today it would reimburse the city of Waltham for costs incurred as a direct result of December's record snowfall.
If and when individual assistance money is approved for this disaster, it will be displayed here. Information is updated every 24 hours.
Public Assistance - Dollars ApprovedPublic Assistance Definitions
Public Assistance (PA): Disaster grant assistance available for communities to quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Emergency Work (Categories A-B): Work that must be performed to reduce or eliminate an immediate threat to life, protect public health and safety, and to protect improved property that is significantly threatened due to disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Permanent Work (Categories C-G): Work that is required to restore a damaged facility, through repair or restoration, to its pre-disaster design, function, and capacity in accordance with applicable codes and standards
*Dollars Approved: Assistance dollars approved but not necessarily disbursed.
*Dollars Obligated: Funds made available to the State via electronic transfer following FEMA's final review and approval of Public Assistance projects.
|Total Public Assistance Grants - Dollars Obligated*||Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated*||Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated*|