BISMARCK, N.D. — In the nine months since President Obama's March 24 federal disaster declaration, State and federal assistance to North Dakota for spring flooding response and recovery now totals more than $150 million in grants and loans, the North Dakota Department of Emergency Services (NDDES) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) reported today. Here is a recap of disaster aid as of December 22:
BISMARCK, N.D. -- State and federal assistance to North Dakotans for spring flooding response and recovery now totals more than $132 million in grants and loans, the North Dakota Department of Emergency Services (NDDES) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) reported today. Here is a recap of disaster aid as of noon Tuesday, December 1:
Bismarck, N.D. -With its latest round of Public Assistance grants, FEMA has provided more than $32.5 million to North Dakota on behalf of state, local and tribal governments and private nonprofit organizations for disaster response and recovery costs. In addition, the state has provided $11 million to local communities as its portion of project cost shares.
Individual Assistance - Dollars ApprovedIndividual Assistance Definitions
Individuals & Household Program (IHP): Provides money and services to people in Presidentially declared disaster areas.
Housing Assistance (HA): Provides assistance for disaster-related housing needs.
Other Needs Assistance (ONA): Provides assistance for other disaster-related needs, such as furnishings, transportation, and medical.
|Total Individual Assistance (IA) - Applications Approved:||Total Individual & Households Program - Dollars Approved*||Total Housing Assistance - Dollars Approved*||Total Other Needs Assistance - Dollars Approved*|
Public Assistance - Dollars ApprovedPublic Assistance Definitions
Public Assistance (PA): Disaster grant assistance available for communities to quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Emergency Work (Categories A-B): Work that must be performed to reduce or eliminate an immediate threat to life, protect public health and safety, and to protect improved property that is significantly threatened due to disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Permanent Work (Categories C-G): Work that is required to restore a damaged facility, through repair or restoration, to its pre-disaster design, function, and capacity in accordance with applicable codes and standards
*Dollars Approved: Assistance dollars approved but not necessarily disbursed.
*Dollars Obligated: Funds made available to the State via electronic transfer following FEMA's final review and approval of Public Assistance projects.
|Total Public Assistance Grants - Dollars Obligated*||Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated*||Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated*|
- North Dakota Office of the Governor
- Department of Emergency Services
- Dam Failure
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Follow North Dakota flooding disaster response on twitter
- North Dakota/Minnesota Private Sector Recovery E-Bulletin (4/30/09)
- North Dakota/Minnesota Private Sector Recovery E-Bulletin (4/24/09)
- North Dakota/Minnesota Private Sector Recovery E-Bulletin (4/17/09)
- Unlikely Alliance Helps Protect Jamestown Against Flood Threat
- Federal Teams Use Airboats to Reach Flood Victims
- All North Dakota Flooding Webisodes
- DisasterAssistance.gov - Access to All Federal Assistance Programs
- National Donation Management System
- Flood Response and Recovery Information from North Dakota State University
Preliminary Damage Assessment
- North Dakota, FEMA-1829-DR (PDF 24KB)