HOLYOKE, Mass. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has obligated $32,058,172 to reimburse seven Massachusetts counties for eligible costs associated with their response to the December 11 through December 18, 2008, ice storm. This amount represents the 75% federal share of funding for the work. The remaining 25% of the cost is the responsibility of the 272 Massachusetts communities, eligible private-non-profits, and state agencies that applied for federal aid through FEMA's Public Assistance (PA) program.
HOLYOKE, MA. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has now obligated in excess of $5 million to reimburse seven Massachusetts counties for the eligible costs associated with their response to the December 11, 2008 ice storm.
HOLYOKE, MA. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has now obligated the first $2 million to reimburse seven Massachusetts counties for the eligible costs associated with their response to the December 11, 2008 ice storm.
If and when individual assistance money is approved for this disaster, it will be displayed here. Information is updated every 24 hours.
Public Assistance - Dollars ApprovedPublic Assistance Definitions
Public Assistance (PA): Disaster grant assistance available for communities to quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Emergency Work (Categories A-B): Work that must be performed to reduce or eliminate an immediate threat to life, protect public health and safety, and to protect improved property that is significantly threatened due to disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Permanent Work (Categories C-G): Work that is required to restore a damaged facility, through repair or restoration, to its pre-disaster design, function, and capacity in accordance with applicable codes and standards
*Dollars Approved: Assistance dollars approved but not necessarily disbursed.
*Dollars Obligated: Funds made available to the State via electronic transfer following FEMA's final review and approval of Public Assistance projects.
|Total Public Assistance Grants - Dollars Obligated*||Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated*||Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated*|
- Massachusetts Office of the Governor
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- Dam Failure
- National Flood Insurance Program
Preliminary Damage Assessment
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, FEMA-1813-DR (PDF 22KB)