Main Content

Texas Flooding (DR-1658)

Main Content

Incident period: July 27, 2006 to August 25, 2006
Major Disaster Declaration declared on August 15, 2006


October 25, 2006 - News Release

El Paso, Texas -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved approximately $6.6 million in Public Assistance (PA) funds to help the City of El Paso and $1.8 million for all other applicants in El Paso and Hudspeth Counties . The funding is to repair and rebuild infrastructure damaged or destroyed in floods occurring July 27 through Aug 25, 2006. These monies represent 75 percent of the cost of approved public assistance projects. The remaining 25 percent will be paid by the applicant.

October 19, 2006 - News Release

El PASO, Texas -- On Monday, the last day to apply for FEMA assistance, 432 individuals registered for assistance according to the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Texas Governor's Division of Emergency Management (GDEM). Current statistics:

October 12, 2006 - News Release

EL PASO, Texas -- With the deadline just four days away, officials urge Texans who suffered losses due to the severe storms and flooding between July 27 and August 25, to register for assistance now, if they have not already done so. Anyone still waiting on an insurance settlement, contractor's estimate, or any other process is advised to register for assistance regardless of whether this information is available.

Financial Assistance

Individual Assistance - Dollars Approved

Individuals & Household Program (IHP): Provides money and services to people in Presidentially declared disaster areas.

Housing Assistance (HA): Provides assistance for disaster-related housing needs.

Other Needs Assistance (ONA): Provides assistance for other disaster-related needs, such as furnishings, transportation, and medical.

Total Individual Assistance (IA) - Applications Approved: Total Individual & Households Program - Dollars Approved* Total Housing Assistance - Dollars Approved* Total Other Needs Assistance - Dollars Approved*
Total Amount 1,972 $4,604,303.23 $3,601,405.13 $1,002,898.10
Last Updated: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 02:15 (Updated daily)

Public Assistance - Dollars Approved

Public Assistance (PA): Disaster grant assistance available for communities to quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President

Emergency Work (Categories A-B): Work that must be performed to reduce or eliminate an immediate threat to life, protect public health and safety, and to protect improved property that is significantly threatened due to disasters or emergencies declared by the President

Permanent Work (Categories C-G): Work that is required to restore a damaged facility, through repair or restoration, to its pre-disaster design, function, and capacity in accordance with applicable codes and standards

*Dollars Approved: Assistance dollars approved but not necessarily disbursed.

*Dollars Obligated: Funds made available to the State via electronic transfer following FEMA's final review and approval of Public Assistance projects.

Total Public Assistance Grants - Dollars Obligated* Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated* Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated*
Total Amount $7,092,979.92 $4,064,041.31 $2,978,902.66
Last Updated: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 08:24 (Updated daily)

Related Links