New York Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-1650)

Incident period: June 26, 2006 to July 10, 2006
Major Disaster Declaration declared on July 1, 2006

Updates and Articles, Blogs, and News Releases

October 4, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Two Disaster Assistance Service Centers (DASC) and both State and federal Disaster Helplines will be open on Monday, October 9,  Columbus Day, to assist New Yorkers who were affected  by the June floods, and who have registered for disaster assistance if they need further information. The DASCs will be open at the following locations:
September 28, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has obligated more than $14 million in Public Assistance (PA) funds to help New York counties repair flood damage and rebuild infrastructure damaged or destroyed in the June flooding.These monies represent 75 percent of the cost of approved public assistance projects. The remaining 25 percent will be paid by the State of New York.
September 26, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- With cold weather approaching, federal officials advise flood victims residing in travel trailers to take precautions with fire safety. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) urges people in travel trailers to use only the built in propane heater to heat their travel trailer. Occupants should not use kerosene heaters; the kitchen stove or oven; or electric space heaters.
September 26, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers “self-service,” home repair information centers in communities affected by the June floods.Flood victims can pick-up a variety of publications about simple, low-cost repair and retrofitting solutions and other information that help reduce damage and loss should another flood occur. National Flood Insurance Program information also is available.The information will be available through October 2, 2006 at the locations listed below.
September 25, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- New York State and federal officials remind those who were affected by the June floods that they have only one week left to register for disaster assistance. The registration deadline for both Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) assistance and the New York State Individual and Family Grant Program is Monday, October 2, 2006.
September 22, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Applicants who received a denial letter declaring them ineligible for disaster assistance can follow a process to appeal decisions, according to state and federal officials. "The recovery process doesn't necessarily end with a denial letter," said Federal Coordinating Officer Marianne C. Jackson. "Sometimes a denial simply means that more information is needed before the analysis can be completed or an individual's situation has changed."

Pages

Main Content

State/Tribal Government: 
Back to Top