New York Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-1650)

Incident period: June 26, 2006 to July 10, 2006
Major Disaster Declaration declared on July 1, 2006

Updates and Articles, Blogs, and News Releases

October 24, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- New York State and federal officials remind those who were affected by the June floods that they have only one week left to register for disaster assistance. The registration deadline for both Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) assistance and the New York State Individual and Family Grant Program is Monday, October 30, 2006. Homeowners, renters and business owners affected by the June floods need to make two phone calls for assistance:
October 13, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The floodwaters may have receded, but those who are left to deal with the flood's aftermath often find themselves coping with a host of post-disaster stress symptoms. "During an emergency, people focus on their immediate needs," said Federal Coordinating Officer Marianne C. Jackson. "It's not until after the crisis is over that stress may catch up with people and they begin having trouble coping with daily, routine activities.
October 13, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be at the Disaster Assistance Service Centers (DASCs) until the close of business Monday, October 16, 2006. The centers were set up to help victims of June's flooding check the status of their disaster application and for help submitting an SBA disaster loan application.
October 12, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- New York flood victims in 12 impacted counties may be eligible for assistance from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), which offers energy efficiency improvements, including assistance with heating equipment damaged by the June floods. Varying levels of financial assistance are available based on household income. Some of the criteria are:
October 11, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Renters, homeowners and business owners who have loss or damage from the severe storms and floods of late June should make two phone calls for disaster assistance, one to the State and one to FEMA. Registration is only through Monday, October 16, 2006. New Yorkers awaiting information or services from other sources should register now for assistance with the New York State Individual and Family Grant Program and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
October 6, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has obligated more than $20 million in Public Assistance (PA) funds to help New York counties repair flood damage and rebuild infrastructure damaged or destroyed in the June flooding. These monies represent 75 percent of the cost of approved public assistance projects. The remaining 25 percent will be paid by the State of New York.

Pages

Main Content

State/Tribal Government: