New York Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-1650)

Incident period: June 26, 2006 to July 10, 2006
Major Disaster Declaration declared on July 1, 2006

Updates and Articles, Blogs, and News Releases

November 17, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- New York State and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) officials are continuing to reach out to flood victims with special needs due to the severe storms and flooding in New York in late June, and they are achieving some gratifying results.
November 10, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved $40.7 million to help New York government entities repair damaged infrastructure and help with emergency costs such as debris removal and overtime for emergency workers following June's flooding. The funds represent 75 percent of the cost of eligible work. The remaining 25 percent will be paid by the State of New York .
October 30, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Natural disasters, such as the late June storms and flooding in New York, can leave children feeling frightened, confused and insecure. Whether a child has personally experienced trauma or has heard it discussed by adults, it is important for parents and teachers to be informed and ready to help if reactions to stress begin to occur.
October 30, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Even though the disaster assistance registration deadline has passed for victims of June’s severe storms and floods, the New York State Individual and Family Grant Program, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) remain available to help. The state, FEMA and SBA will continue to answer questions and track the status of an individual’s disaster assistance and disaster loan applications through toll-free helpline numbers, according to state and federal officials.
October 27, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- New York State and federal officials remind those who were affected by the June floods that Monday, October 30, is the last day to register for disaster assistance. The registration deadline of October 30, 2006, applies to both Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) assistance programs and the New York State Individual and Family Grant Program. Homeowners, renters and business owners affected by the June floods need to make two phone calls for assistance:
October 27, 2006
News Release
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved $32.7 million to help New York government entities repair damaged infrastructure and help with emergency costs like debris removal and overtime for emergency workers following June’s flooding. The funds represent 75 percent of the cost of eligible work. The remaining 25 percent will be paid by the State of New York.

Pages

Main Content

State/Tribal Government: 
Back to Top