Baton Rouge, LA -- The city of Abbeville, in Vermillion Parish, has been approved for a $1,531,507 Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)/State of Louisiana Public Assistance Grant for damages and losses caused by Hurricane Lili, FEMA Director Joe M. Allbaugh announced today. Hurricane Lili damaged Abbeville's electrical distribution system, and more than 11,000 residents suffered power outages because of the storm. The grant announced today will reimburse the city for required repairs.
Baton Rouge, LA -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved $8,632,391 to help pay for emergency response efforts to Hurricane Lili by Southwest LA Electric Membership Corp (SLEMCO), FEMA Director Joe M. Allbaugh announced today. Hurricane Lili caused extensive damage to the electrical distribution system throughout the SLEMCO service area. At the peak, more than 83,000 SLEMCO customers suffered power outages. FEMA will provide 75 percent of the $11.5 million repair cost, and the remaining 25 percent will come from state and local funds.
Baton Rouge, LA -- Lafayette Parish, has been approved for a $5,274,442 Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)/State of Louisiana Public Assistance Grant for damages and losses caused by Hurricane Lili, FEMA Director Joe M. Allbaugh announced today. As a result of Hurricane Lili Lafayette Parish hired contractors to repair the damage to the electrical distribution system throughout the Parish. Extreme damage to the electrical distribution system caused major power outages to residents being served in the area.
If and when individual assistance money is approved for this disaster, it will be displayed here. Information is updated every 24 hours.
Public Assistance - Dollars ApprovedPublic Assistance Definitions
Public Assistance (PA): Disaster grant assistance available for communities to quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Emergency Work (Categories A-B): Work that must be performed to reduce or eliminate an immediate threat to life, protect public health and safety, and to protect improved property that is significantly threatened due to disasters or emergencies declared by the President
Permanent Work (Categories C-G): Work that is required to restore a damaged facility, through repair or restoration, to its pre-disaster design, function, and capacity in accordance with applicable codes and standards
*Dollars Approved: Assistance dollars approved but not necessarily disbursed.
*Dollars Obligated: Funds made available to the State via electronic transfer following FEMA's final review and approval of Public Assistance projects.
|Total Public Assistance Grants - Dollars Obligated*||Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated*||Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated*|