A Disaster Recovery Center is a readily accessible facility or mobile office where survivors may go for information about our programs or other disaster assistance programs, and to ask questions related to your case.
Some of the services may include:
- Guidance regarding disaster recovery
- Clarification of any written correspondence received
- Housing Assistance and Rental Resource information
- Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
- Status of applications being processed by FEMA
- SBA program information if there is a SBA Representative at the Disaster Recovery Center site
- Crisis Counseling Program
- Disaster Legal Services
- Disaster Unemployment
- Funeral Assistance - Individuals and Households Program
You can also register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585. If you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362. Operators are multilingual and calls are answered seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT.