Over the last several months, FEMA has made great strides in being more active and inclusive with our employee communication…especially as it pertains to those who are part of our reservist program. Using all the tools at our disposal, we’re even including the use of the FEMA blog to help ensure we’re providing information to our workforce in a timely fashion.
After the Town Hall meetings and Think Tank sessions, we have received e-mails from many of you suggesting that the Response Directorate stay in touch with you about the Disaster Assistance Employee transition to the Reservist Program. This blog will be a quick and direct way to do that. As the opening of the application process for the Reservist Program is fast-approaching, we have scheduled a webinar to share an overview of the application process and to provide resources to keep you informed during the transition.
First and foremost, we are committed to making sure that you know how to apply to the new Reservist Program, are aware of how these changes may affect you, and how you can get more information. Maintaining open lines of communication will continue to be a top priority as we move forward with the Reservist Program.
There are several ways that you can continue to receive information on the Reservist Program.
- Bob’s Blog – we started this blog section with you in mind, to provide a public place for you to receive information on all topics related to the Disaster Workforce Transformation.
- The Employee Information and Resource Center Page at www.fema.gov/employees - this page is a great one-stop shop where you can find announcements, timelines, and videos. We posted step-by-step instructions for the application process—so be sure to download those.
- The FEMA Weekly – another great place to find announcements and information about the transition. If you aren’t subscribed via e-mail, you can find the most recent newsletters posted to www.fema.gov/employees.
- The FEMA Employee call center--the call center can be reached by calling 1-855-377-FEMA (3362), hours are from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday.
- Webinars – to discuss the Reservist Program, we will be conducting ongoing webinars on weekly basis with senior leadership from the appropriate offices. Be sure to closely monitor your e-mail or visit the employee resource page for upcoming dates and times.
I hope to hear from during one of the upcoming webinars, and look forward to sharing more news about the Reservist Program as it becomes available. In the meantime, feel free to post a comment below or visit the employee page on fema.gov for more information.