Our Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) offers some of the most specialized training for emergency responders, including those in the public health, emergency management, law enforcement, public works, and fire service arenas.
We’ve written on this blog before, highlighting the value of the in-depth training that CDP offers, but we wanted to specifically call out a few recent stories that have appear in local press outlets across the country:
- The Magic Valley Times-News (Twin Falls, Idaho) discusses the take-a-ways of local medical center staff after attending CDP training.
- The Jacksonville Daily News (Jacksonville, North Carolina) underscores the lessons learned by several members of the Carteret County Health Department.
- The Maplewood Patch (Newark, New Jersey) draws attention to a resident who takes on an active role in preparing his community for disasters, including taking CDP training.
If you or your agency has a story about using CDP training in a real-world event, e-mail it to us or leave a comment below.
Read more on our blog about CDP training:
- Mayors and First Responder Training
- In Photos: Training for a Mass Casualty Event
- A Very Real Payoff for Preparedness Training