We’ve talked a lot about the flooding in the Midwest that’s forecasted, or is already happening, for the Midwest this spring. Previous blog posts have discussed how individuals can get prepared and what we’re doing to assist the other members of the emergency management team.
However, we wanted to specifically highlight some of the actions being taken by those team members --- State and local governments, voluntary and faith-based organizations, local businesses, and committed citizens --- in the Midwest flood fight.
The stories below are only a small sample of the many preparations being taken by individuals and communities across the Midwest:
- Brookings, South Dakota: Governor flood preparation meetings
The Brookings Register (South Dakota)
- Fargo-Moorhead (North Dakota and Minnesota): Fargo-Moorhead brace for potential flooding
- Davenport, Iowa: Flood fight a team effort
Quad City Times (Iowa)
- Clara City, Minnesota: Residents pitch in with sandbagging efforts
West Central Tribune (Minnesota)
- Savanna, Illinois: Businesses prepare for flood
If you haven’t taken steps to get prepared for a flood, visit Ready.gov today.