FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) grant programs are designed to provide funding to protect life and property from future natural disasters.
Currently, there are three programs:
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) assists in implementing long-term hazard mitigation measures following a major disaster.
- Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) provides funds for hazard mitigation planning and projects on an annual basis.
- Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) provides funds for projects to reduce or eliminate risk of flood damage to buildings that are insured under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) on an annual basis.
New Updates from the HMA Programs
09/16/2014 - FEMA has posted the disposition of the FY 2014 PDM and FMA grant applications:
- FY 2014 PDM Subapplication Status: http://www.fema.gov/pdm-fy14-subapplication-status
- FY 2014 FMA Subapplication Status: http://www.fema.gov/fma-fy14-subapplication-status
07-02-2014 - FEMA Mitigation Policy and Federal Register Notice: Wildfire Mitigation Programmatic Environmental Assessment; Notice of Intent to Prepare a Programmatic Environmental Assessment and Notice of Public Scoping Period. The 45 day comment period concludes August 18, 2014. For more information on FEMA’s Notice of Intent to prepare a Programmatic Environmental Assessment please visit www.regulations.gov
04/04/2014 – A new update of the Benefit-Cost Analysis Toolkit (version 5.0) is in effect starting April 4, 2014.