America's PrepareAthon! is a nationwide, community-based campaign for action to increase emergency preparedness and resilience. With a national focus each spring and fall, America's PrepareAthon! resources will enable individuals, organizations and communities to take action for relevant local hazards through drills, group discussion and community exercises. The campaign is actionable and measurable.
Just like you practiced fire drills in school, you can practice what to do if an earthquake strikes. Signup for the Great ShakeOut before October 17 to participate in the first community day of action.
Increase the number of citizens who:
- Understand the hazards most relevant to their community
- Know the corresponding protective actions, mitigation measures and community plans
- Practice a real-time behavior to increase their preparedness
- Contribute to increased whole community preparedness planning
Tools and Resources to Take Action
- Media and promotional items
- Guides for how to prepare by hazard
- Guides for families, the workplace, schools and other organizations
- Guides for drills and tabletop discussions
To stay in touch and receive updates, email: FEMAfirstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @PrepareAthon