In case you missed it. FEMA Weekly - June 20, 2013
NOTE: You may submit your articles and announcements to the FEMA-Weekly by COB each Tuesday. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted.
SAVE THE DATE! July 10, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Panelists will discuss lessons learned and their thoughts on how the transformation to a mobile workforce has impacted the organizational culture as well as how they perform their jobs. Discussion will also focus on tools they use to successfully interact and collaborate with their co-workers. Stay tuned for Conference Bridge and VTC details.
NEW!! 7 Essential Tips for Safe and Healthy Teleworking June is National Safety Month, the Workplace Transformation team has provided a few tips for maintaining your health while mobile working
IT Enabler Training
- June 25 Room M14 (9:30 – 11:00)
- June 26 Room NESC (11:00- 12:30)
- May 9 Room NESC (11:00 -12:30)
From the Field
- CDP Takes Training to the Streets
- Travel Pal (Preparedness Action Lists) – Looking for more than one Travel Pal? Now you only have one click to find them all.
Employee News and Announcements
- GET FIRED UP! Join us in the fight against hunger
- FEMA Announces Year Two of Youth Preparedness Council
- Office of External Affairs, Program Analyst, GS-12/13 (Closes tomorrow)
- Office of External Affairs, Program Analyst, GS-14 (Closes tomorrow)
- Office of the Administrator, Protocol Officer, GS-7/8/9
Training and Career Development Opportunities
- NEW!! Virtual Employee Development Fairs to be held quarterly
- NEW!! Now accepting applications for FY14 Leader Development Programs
- NEW!! Help innovate employee learning at FEMA
- NEW!! Complimentary forum – Diversity and Inclusion Leadership in the 21st Century
- NEW!! Free webinar from OPM on Federal Employee Engagement
- NEW!! Now accepting applications for the National Security Executive Leadership Seminar
- NEW!! CHCO Academy presents continual learning opportunity for supervisors
- NEW!! DOE hosts continual learning opportunity for supervisors
- DOJ forum available for VTC and in-person participation
- Register now for required supervisor training – Due 12/31/13
- Department of Interior SES forum now available for GS-14s
- Join the FEMA Leadership Library Book Club
- The next Speed Mentoring event for DC will be July 16th
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are aware of a FEMA employee that is not receiving these All Hands Messages, please have them contact the Enterprise Service Desk at 1-888-457-3362, or email Enterprise-Service-Desk and request to be added to the All Hands distribution lists. You must be a FEMA employee to be added to this list.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly by COB Tuesday.