Summer Event Series
- July 31 - Staying current with FEMA physical security when teleworking, changes with turnstiles, badging, etc. Jason D. Fitzpatrick, FEMA Physical Security
- Aug. 7 - IT Enabler training for the mobile workforce. Charles James, FEMA IT
- TBD - Panel Discussion: Performance management with the mobile workforce. Carol Ann Snider and Anthony Berman; Mission Support
- Sept. 4 - Launch of the e-telework agreements for employees. Bonnie Staley, Workforce Effectiveness Division
- Sept. 18 - Where we are with the build out at 500 C St., what you need to do to prepare.
Sydney Fooks, FEMA Facilities
Note: An audio of the July 10 Workplace Transformation Panel discussion soon.
Web Connect: log on to FEMA.Connectsolutions.com Please disregard the security certificate and select the “Continue to this website (not recommended)” link. You may enter the meeting as a guest.
News and Announcements
- Center for Domestic Preparedness employee receives Loyal Order of Moose award
- Fatherhood Initiatives - President’s Fatherhood and Mentoring Initiative encourages fathers to become better parents.
- Volunteer Community Services Program is used throughout all of FEMA’s National Preparedness efforts.
- WorkLife4You Seminar - Please join us for an orientation seminar about the WorkLife4You program, a free and confidential benefit designed to help and supplement our current Employee Assistance Program service
- Employees' Compensation Operations and Management Portal - The Federal Employees' Compensation Act provides compensation benefits to civilian employees of the United States for disability due to personal injury.
Training and Career Development Opportunities
- NEW! FEMA has three openings in the Excellence in Government Fellows Program!
- NEW! Learn how you can meet the Continual Learning and Leader as Teacher requirements!
- NEW! Help innovate employee learning at FEMA!
- FEMA is now accepting applications for FY14 Leader Development Programs!
- Continual Learning Activity - The “A” Method for Hiring Workshop
- Continual Learning Activity - Department of Interior SES forum now available for GS-14s!
- Continual Learning Activity - Join the FEMA Leadership Library Book Club!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are aware of a FEMA employee that is not receiving these All Hands Messages, please have them contact the Enterprise Service Desk at 1-888-457-3362, or email Enterprise-Service-Desk and request to be added to the All Hands distribution lists. You must be a FEMA employee to be added to this list.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly by COB Tuesday.