Workplace Transformation Updates
Message from Tonya:
Managers provided input on National Telework Week - More than 3,300 FEMA employees participated in National Telework Week, March 4-8, to log 46,774 telework hours, which nearly triples an average week’s telework hours.
Heightened awareness of snatch and go crimes - Message from the Office of the Chief Security Officer
From the Field
- FEMA CORPS becomes critical part of FEMA’s New York Repetitive Loss teams - FEMA Corps is a partnership between AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps and FEMA that introduces individuals ages 18-24 to potential careers in emergency management.
- ·FEMA Corps members deployed to Oklahoma - FEMA Corps members were registering families who had lost everything following the deadly tornado which hit Moore, Oklahoma. Registering disaster survivors for assistance at their homes using tablets has enabled more people to register quickly.
- Travel Pal - Preparedness Action List for Oklahoma DR-4117
- You are invited to join FEMA and the Southwest Interagency Committee in celebrating Asian American/Pacific Islander Heritage Month Observance Program on Tuesday, May 28 at 11 a.m. at the Barnard Auditorium U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20202. The keynote speaker will be Major General Sharon K.G. Dunbar, Commander, Air Force District of Washington.
- Free Visual Acuity, Glaucoma screenings available at FEMA Headquarters - May is Healthy Vision Month!
- Upcoming Webinar - “Putting Foresight Into Practice,” will be held on June 13, 1 -3:30 p.m. EDT.
- Determined Sentry 2013 – Continuity of Operations telework drill - Continuity of Operations isn’t just for Emergency Relocation Group Members, it affects all employees, and mobile work or telework is a good example of a resilient workforce able to respond and support FEMA’s mission under all conditions.
- President Obama speaks on the tornadoes and severe weather in Oklahoma
Employee News and Announcements
- Employee Assistance Program Services are available to all employees - EAP counseling services are available for those dealing with the emotional aftermath of these recent storms, even if they are not intimately involved.
- Integrated Capstone Event merges four Mass Casualty Response courses - More than 160 students trained together during the Center for Domestic Preparedness’ latest Integrated Capstone Event.
- FEMA Deputy Administrator speaks to Consular Corps community - FEMA’s International Affairs and the Consular Corps of Washington held a half-day Disaster Roundtable at the Embassy of Canada, May 22, in Washington.
- FEMA employees participate in Federal Employee Viewpoint survey - Eligible employees have until June 7th to complete the FEVS.
- Workplace Transformation Detail Opportunity - currently seeking an individual at the GS-14 level for a detail (not to exceed 120 days) to temporarily fill the position of Executive Officer for the Workplace Transformation Team.
Training and Career Development Opportunities
- NEW! Register Now for Required Supervisor Training - Due Dec, 31
- Integrated Emergency Management Course - This course uses the IEMC format of lectures and exercises to help a community successfully prepare for a Planned Event. Planned Events are scheduled non-emergency activities.
- U.S. Army War College, Senior Leader Seminar HS Developmental Opportunity - DHS has been invited to send a representative to the winter “US Army’s Senior Leader Seminar”.
- Leadership Essentials – New Dates in Regions and Headquarters added so that the Sept. 30 deadline can be met!
- Writing Individual Performance Goals and Employee Relations Workshops in the National Capital Region - The Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer is offering joint workshops on Writing Individual Performance Goals and Employee Relations at headquarters
- All-Hazards Position Specific Train-the-Trainer Program - The primary goal of the National Incident Management System Incident Command System All-Hazards Position Specific Training Program is to provide additional training that may be needed by personnel responsible for managing incidents of greater complexity than those typically encountered during routine operations.
- E910 – Integrated Emergency Management Course, Earthquake: Preparedness and Response Course Dates: July 22-25 -The E910 IEMC, Earthquake: Preparedness and Response, addresses preparedness and response in emergency situations based on an earthquake. The participants in the "generic" audience represent various communities from throughout the country.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are aware of a FEMA employee that is not receiving these All Hands Messages, please have them contact the Enterprise Service Desk at 1-888-457-3362, or email Enterprise-Service-Desk and request to be added to the All Hands distribution lists. You must be a FEMA employee to be added to this list.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly by COB Tuesday.